Monday, January 12, 2009

Monday's Mantra

I'm not all hip in the world of blogging but I thought to go along with my word of the year I would study this topic and post some thoughts or just a quote to help me concentrate on my word of the year.... so I was reading one of my favorite authors... Mary Ellen Edmunds. Her You Can Never Get Enough of What You Don't Need and one of the statements she made about Contentment is "There can be no contentment where there is no gratitude."

That really struck me. I feel like I am really grateful for what I have been given. I may not have what other people do like a big fancy house and a fancy new car every two years but I do feel lucky to have a bigger apartment then we used to have. A healthy growing daughter and a loving husband who works so hard for us. I'm thankful for the church in my life that has taught me why I'm here and where I'm going. I'm thankful for wonderful family and great friends... I don't have many friends but the ones I do mean the world to me. Just feeling gratitude brings a peace to me and helps me to feel content with what I have... there could always be more things to have but I really don't think that having a bigger house or a newer car would make me anymore happy than I already am.

Would love to hear more about your word of the year!

1 comment:

susy and martin said...

I love MEE. She and I has a very special relationship. Thank you for sharing you gratitude of the things that you have. Who need the fancy smancy stuff! I agree. It's so easy to overlook what we already have and forget to be grateful.