Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Monday's Mantra - late!

Well.. this is alot later than I had planned but I really want to keep this up so my thought for the week (or at least 4 or 5 days) is, again from Mary Ellen Edmunds who said... "I believe we can be contented and still be striving and working to improve and progress - to become more God like and Christ like."

I really like this idea because it really speaks to President Hinkley's quote to "Be a little better." It's a little each hour/ each day. The Lord doesn't expect us to be perfect but I believe he expects us to try a little harder everyday. And it's different for everyone - for me it's maybe be a little more patient with Jacob or Kira Patience has never been a virtue of mine). For someone else it may be something else but everyday - happy/contented or not - we can all try to be a better mother, daughter, sister, friend, church teacher, cub scout leader etc....

'til next week - Be a little better!

No comments: