Monday, December 29, 2008

Resolutions

I have never been one on making resolutions and then keeping them. But this year I feel that I should really try. While attending my mother-in-laws ward on Sunday her bishop suggested that if making a whole years resolution is too much to digest then to make one every day. It can be the same one everyday and in doing that my daily resolution may become a habit and then you can move onto something else.... So this is my goal as a person, a wife and a mother... and even a goal as a family.
I'm not sure what they are exactly but I'll be sure to let you know when I decide.

This year's music selections come from the wedding slideshow we put together for our reception, with one added song.The added song is Dela by Johnny Cregg. The lyrics are as follows:
Dela (I Know Why The Dog Howls At The Moon)

One day I looked up and there you stood
Like a simple question looking for an answer
Now I am a whale listening to some inner call
Swimming blindly to throw myself upon your shores
But what if I don't find when I have landed
Would you leave me here to die on your shores stranded?
I think I know why the dog howls at the moon.
I think I know why the dog howls at the moon.

I say:
"Dela! Dela! Ngiyadela!
(Content, content I am content)
When I am with you!
Dela! Sondela mama!
(Closer, closer, come closer mama)
I burn for you!

Chorus:
I've been waiting for you all my life -- waiting for a miracle
I've been waiting day and night -- waiting for redemption
I burn for you

A blind bird sings inside the cage that is my heart
And the image of your face comes to me when I'm alone in the dark
If I could give a shape to this ache that I have for you
If I could find the voice that says the words that capture you
I think I know, I think I know
I think I know why the dog howls at the moon.

I say:
"Dela! Dela! Ngiyadela!
(Content, content I am content)
When I am with you!
Dela! Sondela mama!
(Closer, closer, come closer mama)
I burn for you!

Chorus

I could only find a 41 second clip of it but I love this song for a lot of reasons. Dela is a Zulu word meaning content, I lived in Africa for a while and with the help of my mother feel in love with African type songs.
It might sound weird that contentment is the topic of "My song of the year" but I really am so blessed with the things I already have. The Lord has given us so much and I really want to concentrate this year on being content and grateful for the things I already have instead on concentrating on those things I don't. As for the other songs, well they are just songs Jacob and I like and have special meaning to us.
Anyway heres to wishing you all a very Happy New Year and I'll keep you posted on the Resolutions.

2 comments:

Cherish said...

I absolutely love that song, it makes me want to just dance in joyful abandonment.

Unknown said...

I get very peaceful when hearing this song... It makes me think of you that is why this song is your ringtone on my phone... Good luck with the resolutions... You can do it...