Friday, April 9, 2010

Easter

Easter was low-key for us this year. Every Easter for the last probably 7 years now, we have hit the Viva Las Vegas car show the first weekend of April. Most of the time it falls on Easter weekend, and this year was no exception.Jacob and Kira hit the Car Show this year on Saturday (Henry we missed you this year). I decided against going since they jumped the tickets up to 25 bucks which did include a show but having no babysitter and me not usually hanging the amount of time to justify a $25 ticket I hit the nail salon and got my toes done (spent my 25 bucks my way!)
Kira in front of her "princess truck!"


Taking a picture of her daddy.... it's only fair after all the pictures he takes of her!

On Sunday we woke up for conference and Kira opened her basket just as the Mormon Tabernacle Choir was singing the opening hymn. This is the first year she has really understood any of what was going on. She loved seeing the things the Easter Bunny left for her.



Biting into her "big bunny"

mmmm good!

The easter bunny brought her a baby egg to replace the big egg that broke

Handing me back the peep she didn't like the feel of....

"Mom Mom... there is stuff on my hands!"

After conference we headed over to our friends house in Henderson, the Merrill's, to have an Easter Ham and fixin's dinner and play a little Wii. I also got to hold at least one of the the two cutest little boys I have seen in a while.
It was a great day and I hope to have it repeated. Next year I'm excited to teach her the real meaning of Easter, that Christ gave up His life for us so that we can return to live with him again some day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like a great Easter... she is so cute...

Chiemi said...

That girl is just too cute!