Monday, March 29, 2010

Crafts with Kira



I have made it a goal to try and do crafts and things with Kira at least once a week. Preschool seems to be out of the question for us (way too much money to go private) and we don't qualify for public so I want to try to take some time out of each week and work on some things with her. With Easter coming up I thought it would be fun to do an Egg Mobile. So I went on-line and typed in Easter Color pages and eggs and came out with 3 different sizes.


She colored them in on both sides and I cut them out for her.

I made this ring out of some extra cardboard I had (from other scrapbook purchases) by using 2 plates of different sizes. I punched holes in it and added the eggs to the holes with some left over yarn I had from yet another scrap-book project.


FINAL RESULT:


She was so excited to show her daddy. We hung it up in her room and she loves pointing it out to me. Definitely going to repeat this one with other holidays!
Don't you love how she did the whole thing in her princess dress?!
Thanks for stopping by,


6 comments:

The Reinerts said...

She seems to really love being a princess!
What a cute idea! I love crafts!!! What a lucky little girl to have a mom like you!

Auntie Valerie said...

I love how she is always wearing the Cinderella dress in all her pictures. Makes me happy!

Chiemi said...

She is so cute. I love that she is wearing a princess dress. She would get a long so good with my girls. :D

Andrea said...

Cute! Yes, she and my niece would get along fabulously as well!

Jo said...

like it!! will probably do the same with my kids to occupy them during the easter break. last year i also cut out easter animals (bunny, duck, lamb etc) and stuck screwed up tissue paper to them to make 3D cards. cheap and easy but the kids love it.

Unknown said...

Oh Jo! Good idea!
Thanks
We're going to make easter sugar cookies today!