Thursday, September 24, 2009

Flashback Friday - Gratitude!

As I tried to go to sleep wednesday night, I was caught up in all the things I was grateful for....I know with the economy the way it is, things are hard on everyone.... but I have been throwing myself a pity party for a while now. I have prayed and prayed about finding a job that would work with Jacob's schedule so that I can bring in some money and feel like I'm contributing more than just sitting around with Kira. So far, the answer has been NO... you are not suppossed to be working right now. This is a hard concept for me to grasp... we need the money, and up until I went out on maternity leave I have worked since I was 15 (with the exception of a couple weeks here and there with layoffs, or job changes). Jacob always says I hate working, which is true but at the same time, I'm feeling more like a mooch than an active partner in this marriage.


So, as I went to bed Wednesday night (or at least tried to) I was thinking about this time of year... specfically November... which I know is more than a month away, but I love November. I love Thanksgiving, it's always been my favorite holiday (maybe it's all the food), I love that it's finally cooler in California and Nevada (last Halloween, I wore shorts). I was also contemplating the milestones that November brings.... I was endowed in November. November 13th, it was a memerable experience I may get into later but this November also marks the 5th year of our marriage and 8th year together. I'm so grateful for those moments and those memories.

So, I wanted to take a minute to list the things I am grateful for... even though I feel a little hopeless right now.
I'm grateful for family who have always loved me and supported me no matter what...











I'm grateful for good friends who have helped me through thick and thin...








I'm grateful or an eternal marriage that helps me see the longterm goals.








I'm thankful for Jacob and Kira who make me laugh everyday whether they are trying to be funny or not.

I really do have a lot to be grateful for .... and really this post was for me to come to when I'm feeling low and see all the great things I have in my life. I'm not sure if any of this makes sense to anyone else but next time your feeling low, make yourself a list of all the things you are grateful for and concentrate on those... it will get you through the rough times.
what do you have to be grateful for?

2 comments:

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

Thanks for sharing that!

Unknown said...

thank you Tennille for sharing your List... I am sorry that you have been feeling down in the dumps and being honest about it... I have been feeling dumpy too, along with just being overwhelmed right now... I Really try to push that feeling down in the dumps bit out of my mind... I know that i have tons to be greateful for as well... I keep telling myself it will get better... and eventually myself will beleive me... until then i have fake it till i make it...