Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Library Cow



Our library has a cow... or it could be a bull... do cows have horns? Anyway, the first time I took Kira to the library I showed her the cow,that hangs out in the lobby area . She was a little thing (18 months old?) and she loved it right away. Now we have to go say "Hi" to the cow EVERY WEEK... and while I often times think it's a little silly, I still wanted to document it for Kira's sake.

So here is "Princess Kira" with her cow. (notice her snow white dress AND her purse.... such a girlie- girl!)




In actual fact, the cow is pretty cool. It's beautifully painted with scenes from Las Vegas. It has our beautiful mountains with all the great colors of the sunsets here on one side. Kira especially likes the little bunny on the cow's ankle.



On the other are the artist's renduring of our "beloved" strip. Kira likes to tell me about how this side is "Las Vegas"! This coming from the girl who thinks that Las Vegas is in California. I'm not sure how she got that idea... especially since she has spent more of her life in Las Vegas than she ever did in Cali.



Anyway, so that's our Library Cow.... what's cool at your library?


5 comments:

Cherish said...

That's weird and fun at the same time. I really like the libraries here - both the county ones and the downtown one that isn't in the county system and is so awesome I haven't even seen all the cool things. All of the county libraries have a "niche" so like one will specialize in cookbooks, one in auto repair books, etc. The closest one to me is the one for LDS fiction and it's a small library. This means I don't have to remember the authors I like but just walk the shelves and look for the obviously LDS fiction books (they all have similar print/logos on the spine). One of the perks of living in Utah!

Chiemi said...

There are many times I wish that we lived near each other. I think Kira would like hanging out with my girls. They are super girly too. :) I love our library too. It has a stage and cubbies with cushions to sit in. :)

Unknown said...

Cherish - my library carries some lds fiction because of all the mo's here.
And Chiemi - I wish we lived closer too. Kira would love to have little cute friends like your daughters.

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

boy cows are called bulls (and yes they do have horns) and girl cows are called cows.

Jaime said...

I wouldn't know since we never go to the library!! GASP!! I know, but I always return them late and I hate paying the overdue fines, so we just enjoy the books here. :)