Saturday, February 19, 2011

"Mom MOM!! I want to make Orange Juice!"

I am a Disney girl. I grew up watching Disney Channel, I love the Disney Junior now. Mickey Mouse Club house is a staple in the mornings and I LOVE Kira yelling "OH toodles!" I like Jungle Junction and even Chuggington is kinda fun. The only one I'm not really a fan of is Special Agent Oso.... it's just kinda silly and Oso is portrayed as kinda a dumb little thing, but it's in the mix of all the other ones and Kira likes it so it's on.

So the other day after Oso got his digi-medal Kira runs up to me and tells me that she wants to make Orange Juice. I told her we had Orange Juice in the fridge but she said, "NO, I want to make it like Oso does" and then explained to me how to do it. Then she told me in "3 simple steps!"
1! - Cut the oranges in half
2! - Twist the oranges on the juicer
3! - Pour the Orange Juice in the glass

I thought okay...... she wants to make Orange Juice but I don't have a juicer. I don't even have the little old school one where you twist them yourselves. Then the other night on our rare date night Jacob and I found ourselves in front of Sur La Table - aka kitchen heaven and so we went to check them out.
Our options were
- the Kitchen Aid electric juicer for 59.99 (but 50% off so 29.99)
- an old school glass one that either she or I (most likely me) will break within about 5 minutes for $7.00
- an OXO good grip manual in plastic (which is more practical but double the price of the glass one) $15.00

And then we thought, 15 bucks isn't going to break the bank but this is Sur La Table - maybe they would be cheaper somewhere else... then I thought as we drove back to Henderson to pick Kira up that I should ask our friend Shelly if she has one - because what if I buy one and then Kira doesn't like doing it and I have been married for almost 6 1/2 years and haven't needed one so why spend the money on something I don't need - and she did!
So tonight before bed we made real Orange Juice -




I tried to get some before and "in the process" pictures but I think my camera may have died... (back to Sams Club it goes)so all I got was the finished product and it was WAY super yummy but I'm glad that I didn't add any sugar like Kira insisted.

And that was just one of our weekend adventures - I'll post about our Saturday when Jacob loads the pictures from his camera...

'til next time


3 comments:

Chiemi said...

Awesome. You're a good mom. :D

Shelly said...

Glad she liked it!! Now you have to get one :)

Cherish said...

You know, we got one for our wedding and although I don't use it often, I REALLY like it when I do use it. (Usually when we're sick or citrus goes on sale.)