Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's Vegas....... BABY!



One of the things I love most about Vegas is that people come here.... for all kinds of things. Weddings (thanks Brett)Business trips (thanks wade), or just because (thanks a lot of people) and it's usually the just because ones that I like best. Because there are no deadlines, there is nowhere else to go and we can do pretty much whatever we want in the time allotted. We had a "just because" visit from a good friend of mine,Korie, who came up with her family and her new sister-in-law to see what vegas was all about. This wasn't Korie's first trip here recently. She's visited us a couple of times, she took the pictures at Uncle Butt's wedding so she's almost a Vegas pro now...
Anyway, Korie headed up on Thursday with her family and Kira and I got to pick her up at the castle. Then we headed home to meet Jacob and unload some pretty nifty loaners for the wii. We picked up Jacob and headed out to Henderson to go to the cupcakery. Korie has been dying to try it since she first forwarded me a coupon for them back when we first got here and I thought Henderson was as far away as the moon (it's not of course but when you move to a new place you just don't have your bearings yet) Then after the cupcakery (their cupcakes are SUPER good!) we went across the street to Cafe Rio,(now I'm pretty sure that Korie only agrees to go there because I want to - I love their pork but next time we'll try some place new)
After the Rio we headed out to show Korie the Bellagio Gardens, how she didn't know about them before I don't know but they did their yearly Chinese New Year exhibit. I guess this is the year rabbit (or hare) and they had the cutest little rabbits there. Kira had a blast!





Then we decided that we would stop at the Las Vegas sign. This is something we (the Anderson's) did for the very first time. It's usually so busy and there are like only 10 parking spots but that night it was pretty empty.... because it was windy but we had fun anyway!!
The Andersons
The California "gurls" yelling Banana!!!

Even though she was only here for one night, we had a blast! We always love it when "Auntie Korie" comes to visit and we hope that she comes again soon!!!


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it when i visit too... I always have a blast with my girls... And Jacob isnt too shabby either... Thank you for taking me to get my cool back... The cupcakes are to die for and the gardens were awesome...

Katz said...

I miss that about Vegas. We had visitors all the time.

Unknown said...

But no more Cafe Rio huh Korie?

Unknown said...

i just have to remember that the pork is on the sweet side...I like it... I thought about that when i signed off that i didnt mention anything about Cafe rio... I need to expand my taste buds there and try something new....

Unknown said...

Now I'm craving cupcakes and pork! :)

Cherish said...

Seriously not a fan of Vegas, or at least the strip. But the Bellagio is cool.