Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

This year we decided to head down to California for Thanksgiving. We were excited to be able to see family. On Wednesday afternoon we headed down and stopped in Corona for Miguel Jrs. (Real Mexican food- no Good food - yes)


Then we headed down to Newport Beach and got to stay with Auntie "M", Uncle Bill AND Maggie! Thursday morning we woke up to eggs and toast and Jacob, Kira and I took turns getting our hair did.... Kira got a trim, Jacob got a cut and I got a cut and a color (yep, my hair is now more brown than red and I'm loving it! - Jacob not so much)
Then we cleaned up and headed to Papa's house for Thanksgiving. This was the first Thanksgiving without my Grams and her presence was missed but Gram Jan and Papa Mike did a great job with the food and I got to laugh with my Uncle Bruce so we had a great time!!!
On Friday we headed out to Corona for cousin pictures! My sister-in-law arranged to have some cousin pictures taken. So we got the kids all gussied up and out to Riverside we drove.....
Here are a couple of pictures of the kids I took before the professionals got to them

This is almost all the Andersons... we are missing Elizabeth and Tommy, but they are in Taiwan so we got what we could. Cute Nat Nat smiling at us!

These are the goggle faces from looking at the Ducks!



Angee (angry) Kira and Rinny Rin Rin waiting for their turns.

We had a great time with pictures, then headed off to pick up some pizza and wings for dinner... Here are Nat Nat, Kira and Kyla having fun while waiting for Auntie Val to pick up food






I have said this before and I will say it again... I LOVE that she has cousins!!! She always has such a good time with them!

On Saturday we took Kira to Fashion Island Mall to go see Santa. We had a lot of fun with Auntie "M" , Gram Jan and Auntie Korie. Korie took pictures of us while we were there which is kinda fun.
Here is me and Kira checking out the really cool Koi pond they have there. We were checking out this huge Koi that would flip is back tail up out of the water. I think I thought it was cooler than she did but she's pacifying me :)

Here is Kira with Santa. This Santa is her old friend (see here) and she walked right up to him and said "HI SANTA!" and when he asked her what she wanted she told him Sunglasses!!! So I need to make sure Santa get's those glasses for her!

Here she is on some huge presents they had in front of their 100 foot Christmas Tree. It was pretty awesome and that courtyard always brings back memories of a Young Adult Dance we had there some 10 years ago!


Here is Kira with Auntie M, talking about her visit with Santa

And with GramJan looking at the village they had there!

We spent Sunday with Jacob's parent's, and Kira had fun playing with Nat Nat and Sarah. We love seeing everyone and wish we could fit in everyone every time we are down but hopefully we will get to see you all at some point.
We wish you all the best this holiday season and we will hopefully be back soon to let you know of our goings on....
'Til next time!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

It was a lot of fun... Thanks for letting me share in the day :)