Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Utah Trip

At the beginning of August my mom, Kira and I headed up to Utah to be ther efor the birth of my niece Tatiana. We stayed for 6 days, got to hang out with family and friend (and I got to see Cat & Jack for about an hour and a half)

Tatiana joined us August 3rd a little after noon. It was an easy delivery and Hanni and the baby did just fine. Kira got to hold her first baby...





She was excited to see that the baby had a binky just like her! Kira was very good at making sure the baby had her binky in her mouth at all times!
Kira also got to play with her cousin Mikey, he's 4 months older than her and boy did they have a good time!

They played very well together, followed each other around and even though they "yelled" at each other in their 2 year old language they never hit or shoved or anything. One of my favorite times of seeing them together was when we were driving the boys back to the hospital after taking care of them for the day. Kira, who LOVES drinking out of water bottles shared hers with Mikey and they just took a sip, passed it to the other over and over until the water was done....no fighting no whining... it was so great to see!
She loved playing with the caks (cats) and called them all "Bunny"(my mom's cat is Benny)
One of the days, Uncle "Butt"(Brett) and I took Austin, Mikey and Kira to the park. The kids all had a great time! He is such a good uncle, fun but stern when he needs to be... I can't wait to see him become a dad... someday.

On Thursday my mom and I went "antiqueing" down 25th street. It's a fun little street in Ogden. We ate lunch at Great Harvest. I had a really good sandwich and the three of us had a really good day, relaxing from the busy week and catching up.



I had to take this picture, 'cause only in Utah would there be church magazines at a resturant!
It was a good trip... too long to be away from Jacob though. He was truly missed. Our summer travels aren't quite over with yet, so there will be a few more interesting posts to come. At least 1 trip to Cali in September to attend a friends wedding and we may or may not be making it up to Utah again.
I can't believe Kira turns two in 2 weeks... where does the time go... but to answer everyone's buring question... there will be no new baby in the works anytime soon.
Love to you all!

1 comment:

Jo said...

uncle 'butt' lol how funny is that!!