Monday, June 8, 2009

Eyes, Ears, Mouth and Nose & the going to bed book

Haven't posted a lot of pictures lately, like I have said my camera had died and Jacob sometimes takes his to work which limits the camera time I have available. BUT I have been able to catch these two snipits, which I love and have no qualms about showing off.
Kira has been a busy girl! We went down to California to take cousin pictures the middle part of May and Kira had a good time playing with her cousins. Though at times I think she was a little overwhelmed by the noise and craziness of having 7 other cousins all under the age of 8!





We got to see "GG" and GramJan and PapaMike and as promised almost at birth, Auntie "M" got to give Kira her first real haircut. It seems as if she already needs another one!






We also got to spend about an hour with the Ferrieras and Tanner and Kira had a lot of fun bouncing on the beds at Martin and Suzy's house.




Her Uncle Mike and Aunt Krista invited Kira to Chuck E Cheese to join a party they were throwing for their niece. She had a ton of fun there and walks around with her "credit cards". Lately, she has been a bit of a challenge, as most things have been with Kira, the terrible twos have come early. She is talking, singing, and dancing. She still LOVES "melmo" (Elmo) and we watch an Elmos world at least once a day. We are up to 3 now so I don't go as crazy about watching the same stuff all the time. She has learned some words from Elmo and is not shy about talking all day long! Her vocabulary is getting really big! We go get her shots on Friday(which is why I made the list of words...need to keep track), which I'm NOT looking forward to...maybe I'll take her for some icecream after (that's what my mom used to do when we had to go to the doctor) This next video, I got tonight... she procrasinates bedtime with the following activities
1) Chooses not to participate in Family Prayer, I guess she thinks if she doesn't participate then she doesn't have to go to bed.
2)Asking to be read the same book over and over again (which is how we got the following video)
3)Snuggling up to daddy hoping that if he gets a cuddle he won't put her down.



So, that's our update.. hope it makes up for not having one lately. I had a flashback friday planned but didn't get it up, so maybe I'll do it this friday.
'til next time... keep smiling

3 comments:

Chiemi said...

Those are such fun videos of Kira!!

Unknown said...

Kira is just growing up so fast...

Erickson Family said...

I saw that you commented on Mindi's blog. Hope you're doing well here in vegas. The weather has been great!!
I just started my "flashback friday" last week... I got that from a friend but so glad that more people do it!! Go update yours!! :)
We got Henderson punch cards for the pools this summer... you should join us. I will be going most Saturdays if you're interested.