Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkins or Potatos

Some of you may know what Kira has picked up a few nicknames in her short 14 months here on earth. Two of which I will talk about in this post.... When she was about 6 weeks old I was taking her to go get her pictures taken. You know a picture in her blessing outfits, and as it happened to be October I dressed her up in an outfit I had picked up before she was born, it was a Winnie the Pooh onesie with pumpkins on it...

... as I was putting her in her carseat to go.. I said to her something like, "Ok Miss Pumpkin Face... let's go" and she smiled at me! It was one of those you knew it wasn't gas smiles and the name kind of stuck. We still call her pumpkin face sometimes (much to grandpa Alans chagrin) so when it came time to pick out a costume for Halloween I decided a pumpkin would be great! I'm thinking that by next year she will know who/what she will want to dress up as so I grabbed the opportunity and found a cute stuffed pumpkin that Grandma Jetta fixed up for me. We had Trunk or Treat on Thursday and these are the only pictures that we got of her in her costume (other nickname coming up....)




Then she decided to Punky (other nickname) and hulk-hoganed her way out of the pumpkin and spent most of the night like this....

So since Jacob had dressed up as a farmer... he started to call her his little potato....

Anyway, that was pretty much our Halloween, no trick or treaters which means I have about 2 pounds of candy here we shouldn't be eating and Kira stayed home with us because she really is still too young to know what it's all about.
I guess we'll have to wait until next year!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute... I cant wait i will be up in less than a week... See you then... Korie

Cherish said...

Ugh, I hate trying to guesstimate how much candy I'll need.

Shelly said...

Pumpkin or potato...still adorable!