Thursday, November 20, 2008

Four Years

I always like to think of our Anniversary as a double one. Not only did we get married 4 years ago today but it was this time of the year 7 years ago that we started dating and 10 years ago around Halloween that we met for the first time. So maybe it's more of a triple anniversary. Anyway, we're not planning on doing much this year just going out for dinner without Kira (thanks Shelly for babysitting) But I wanted to take a moment to Thank all the people in our lives that have shown us how important marriage is :


My great grandma and grandpa (Dede and Ah - middle and left) who were married right after WWII and were married over 53 years)


Jacob's grandparents who have been married around 55 years
(Sorry for the bad shot... it was all I could find)


My grandparents.. with their parents. (Dad's side) Married over 55 years


My grandparents on my mother's side - married 45 years


Jacob's parents - married 35 years


My parents - married 30 years

Here are pictures of our special day... 4 years ago:






Jacob and I both want to express to our families how Thankful we are for them and their dedication to each other. I know it hasn't been easy for any of the couples above but their dedication and love for each other is a wonderful testiment of what marriage can be. We haven't always had an easy time of things either but it is by their examples that we perservere and "endure to the end" because there is happiness and good times along the way and your examples are testimony to that ... so again, to those who are both here on earth and those who are watching down over us everyday we say THANK YOU!

(Missing is Jacob's other Grandma who I could not find a picture of)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats... I cant believe it has been 4 years... enjoy your day...

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that it has been four years to. You are making me feel old it is 7 years for Zak and I

Cherish said...

Congrats!

Jo said...

congratulations on your four/seven years together! what great examples you have too, love your post.

Olivia said...

This is a little late in getting to you, but CONGRATULATIONS! I wish you 4 more times 10- at least.