Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Update

It's been a while since we just did a general update. Things at the Anderson house has been a little crazy for us. We have put in our 60 - yes 60 day notice at our apartment. We are looking for a house to move into. It's been a little bit of a struggle since apparently the Las Vegas market is one of considerable speed. Basically no one wants to talk to me until we are two weeks out.
We are not sure if we are going to be in the same ward (as our ward takes up about 2 square miles) There are few houses in our boundaries that are 1 - in our budget and 2 - meet the qualifications we want (namely a 2 car garage and at least 3 bedrooms)

I will be calling someone on the 9th and get things started! Wish us luck and good fortune please!


In anticipation for our move, Jacob got a little house warming gift for us....... We have a family date night on paydays to Sams Club. We eat cheap pizza or hotdogs, drink large sodas and then shop.... for the past 3 trips we have seen a grill. It's a pretty nice one but it was returned and all the sticker said was "damaged or missing parts". The first time we went it was 98 bucks.... and we thought without knowing what was wrong with it, it wasn't worth the 98 bucks to see. The same happened on the next trip. This past trip though we walked by the clerance isle again. I have never had a lot of luck in Sam's clearance but I still think it's worth checking.... and this is what we found...


For 40 bucks we thought - okay, let's chance it. Jacob knows a lot of welders though his job so missing legs, or handles could be remedied with some welding and a piece of metal. Screws are easy to find etc. SO we bought it.... and he put it together with a little help from Kira. Turns out there was a dent on the right side.... but with all that auto body work Jacob has done, he got it all worked out and you can barely tell.
It's currently living in our dining room until we can find a place with a back yard (or in actual terms a piece of dirt about 16 feet by 20 feet that the people of Las Vegas call a back yeard) I am looking forward to some yummy food.
Here is the Boppa enjoying the fruits of her labors - which included handing pieces of metal to Jacob and holding his screwdriver for him... but she LOVES it!!!!
This is a picture of an attempt to do a cute hair do... but it didn't quite work out like I planned. Her hair only likes to do a few things and being held up by Boppy pins is not one of them. But she liked it and we will try something again soon.

She is doing fantastically. She is, as always, a lot of work. She is SUPER smart and learning to read (I think she has memorized the books we are working on so I'm waiting a day or two between sessions.... I mean it's good that she's memorized sight words but it doesn't do any good if she can't sound out the new ones) Anyway.

We just got done with sports class, that she loved, even though they don't hand out candy at the end of class. The summer it looks like we won't be doing much. The center is over booked with summer stuff for kids whose parents work so there is no space for the little ones during the summer. We are thinking about enrolling her in soccer come the fall. It's what she has chosen and she is very excited about this prospect.

She is loving sunbeams and loving singing time with Sister Bootkey (Guetke). She loves her new Sunbeam teachers and enjoys sustaining all those who get new callings on Sunday. We are working on her reverence during sacrament but she is improving.

If she had her way she would skip her 4th birthday and go straight to being 5. She can't wait to go to school.... which maybe a problem here in Vegas. (Rumors are kindergarden classes are going to be full - so I'm contemplating homeschooling.... we'll see)

As for me, I am waiting to hear back from the cat scan place about my next scan. I still don't know if I should hope for no growth or hope the little thing has grown so they can take it out. It's hard to say really, especially because we will be moving in June so having to pay for and plan a surgery doesn't sound like so much fun for me. I have been released from primary, which I was so totally sad about but actually really enjoying Relief Society. I miss the kids but love the spirit I have been feeling there and know it's exactly what I need right now. No news on the baby front until the cat scan is done so once that is done and we know what's up we can start planning Anderson Baby 2 (or 9 depending on how you look at it)

Jacob has been working like a dog. He's worked many a 6 day week. ALL DAY! I know I sure miss him. I sometimes feel like a single mom. I know I'm not but sometimes he home long enough to eat dinner, bathe Kira, read scriptures, say prayers and fall asleep in front of the tv. He does love his job, which makes me happy. He's excited about his bbq and wants to attach a smoker to it.... we'll see...

Anyway, we hope you are all well and I may not post again until we move. We will see how crazy it get's around here.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

How exciting! We are praying that all will go will with your house and the scan.

Amanda said...

well... not will. Sorry.

Jo said...

hope all works out well with the house, good luck with the moving i hate that part.
i hope things go well at the doctors too. i can't count the number of times i've been told in blessings to trust the doctor and their knowledge so i hope that works for you too.
love you lots, miss you more, thnk of you always xx

Cherish said...

That's a huge grill to score for $40! Nice job! Her hair is very cute.

I hope you find a house that you love and fill it with babies soon! :-)

Jaime said...

Hooray for good change!! I'm so happy to hear happiness coming from your home and the great testimonies and attitude you have towards your challenges. If anyone can conquer the world, I feel sure it is YOU!!! Love you!!