Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Boppa - Flashback Friday

I was writing this post for another reason - mostly to reminisce, then my sister reminded me about Flashback Fridays and this applies so I'll combine them.
The other night as we were putting our Kira to bed she asked me if I would sleep in her big bed with her (she has a queen size bed right now) and when I told her no, I sleep in the big bed with Daddy she got a little upset so we struck up a compromise, I would lay with her while she fell asleep.... and so I got to cuddle with my boppa for a little while.

And while I was laying there will her I reflected on the last 3 1/2 years......

Kira started to sleep through the night at about 4 weeks and did so until she started teething at about 4 months. Then once she started teething, she was not a good sleeper.... until she was about 15 months or so, neither of us slept through the night. And now that she does and has done for a while now, I for one am VERY grateful!

Of course the sleeping memories transformed into amazement at just how big she is now... This is how she started out...



8lbs 5 oz.




20 1/2 inches long



Cute as a button


and here she is now.... almost 40 lbs. about 39 inches tall.
And still as cute as a button... as crazy as she can make me, I love her to bits. Always will. That's just the way of motherhood.... no matter what she does, she will always be loved!
My cute pokey-pokey! (Our new nickname for each other)