Thursday, March 17, 2011

I'm thankful for...



As I was catching up on a friends blog the other day, I notice she did Thankful Thursdays. I thought I would give a whirl since I truly believe that gratitude is essential to a good life. I truly believe that you have to be grateful for what you have before the Lord (or the universe, depending on your beliefs) will bless you with more .
So today I thought I would post about my sweet family. All of who I love SO very much. I'm sure that there are times that I will single some of these people out as i go through the rest of the year and beyond but first I want to start with "the whole lot" of them... My family, Jacob's family, our adopted family... they have all strengthened me in so many ways.


I call us "My Little Family" ... although Jacob and I aren't really that little... I still love our family unit.. the fun we have, the jokes we tell, the laughing that goes on in our home. Even though I have never known someone who could drive me more crazy that Kira can, she is my heart! Between her and Jacob, my life is one I wouldn't trade for anything.

My family has been a great strength to me over the years. Has supported and loved me and Jacob and Kira. I am thankful that the Lord put me in this family. It's been difficult for us since my grandma passed, but I know we will stay close as the years go on. The same is true for my mom's side of the family. We maybe a small family, but we are a great one!


The Anderson family is my family. I have been that way since almost the beginning. Once they realized that Jacob loved me they did too. (Except for Valerie, who came later...but that's okay) I am honored to count them amoung my parents and brother's and sisters.... I love them dearly and again, am SO thankful they are part of my life and Kira's life.

This is something I hope to be doing as the year progresses. With the health/fertility issues I have been having lately I think it's important to look at the things I have been blessed with instead of focusing on things I don't. So I hope you guys enjoy this post and I'll see ya next time...





2 comments:

Cindy Thomas Munksgard said...

love your post. i especially liked your last paragraph. made me think of march's home teaching message. our home teacher came over this week and he shared it with us and how president uchtdorf advised to always look at the good and to not focus on the bad.

Cherish said...

Counting your blessings does help.