Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day 2010



I want to tell a little side story before I get into Father's Day because it helps to illustrate just how excited Kira gets when she hears the words "CAR SHOW". We were talking about our Labor Day plans and the Paso Robles Car Show is back after a brief hiatus. It's not run by the same people, but it's in the same place, same concept etc..... so we were considering going up for that (or maybe it's down because of where we are at now but anyway) but some friends of ours invited us down to California for a weekend, we haven't seen them since October and it would be fun to go on Labor Day because we would have an "extra" day because of the 4 day week. So we were talking about which we should do, both sound fun, so I said to Jacob, "do you want to go to the Car Show or Mike and Krista's".. and Kira who was standing next to her daddy yelled "CAR SHOW!"
NOW, I know she will have just as much fun at Mike and Krista's (we call Mike her boyfriend because since birth he was the only man she liked other that Jacob she would cry a when held by ALL of her uncles, grandpas etc. but LOVED Mike and would coo at him from her car seat) but it illustrates how much she LOVES cars.
I think some things are just genetic and she gets her love of cars from both sides of her family. My dad has tinkered with cars pretty much since he could walk, watches races, used to race motorcycles, built the go-carts we raced as kids. He made us ALL learn how to change the oil, change a tire and know how to drive a stick before we could even apply for a drivers license (not that we had much choice when I went because we only had a manuel when I was learning how to drive.) Jacob used to paint cars before his mission, has owned lots of old cars, still has his 1963 Volvo at a friends house and talks often with his dad and brothers about cars.... so I believe it's in the blood. So when we told Kira that we were going to the Car Show after church she could barely contain her excitement. (we did gift stuff before church)
Last year the Imperial Palace Hotel on the strip advertised free admittance to Dad and their families, this year it wasn't free except Jacob printed off 2 coupons to get us in for free so it was still free for us! Kira walked in with us and just started glowing! "Look Daddy! CARS!!!!"
Jacob had his camera, I had mine and she was left out (I'm seriously contemplating one of those kids camera's for her birthday) so I gave mine up and she was right along Daddy taking pictures of every.single.car.








I wish I could how you samples but there is something about the pictures that aren't loading.
BUT we had a ton of fun! And will do it all again next year I am sure!
Happy Father's Day Jacob! You are far and away a great dad. I always knew you would be, but you blew my expectations out of the water. You are so good with her and she LOVES you so much!

(just had to add a picture of my new favorite car... my old favorite car is gone... both are purple so I'm thinking I may have rethink this whole not liking purple thing.)
'til next time...

2 comments:

Shelly said...

She is so cute with that camera....you should totally get her one too!!!

Unknown said...

I love that she has her camera with her and taking photos of the cars like Daddy does