Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Photo Shot and other things


This past Sunday we drove down to Lake Las Vegas with the Merrill's to do some family pictures for them... well actually Jacob did them. I just watched and tried to get their twins to look at the camera. Kira, of course, came along for the ride and wanted to take some pictures too!
Looking at these pictures it becomes more and more clear to me that she's really not a baby anymore. It may be still a secret to some that I had a really difficult time of it after I had Kira. There were A LOT of changes going on, my birthing experience wasn't what I wanted it to be and Kira didn't sleep very well after she started teething. And when I was in the "middle" of it, I felt as though it was going to go on forever! Now I am amazed at least once a day at what comes out of her mouth, or something she does. I feel lucky that she is my daughter and that I get loves and cuddles and smiles etc.


So the STATS on Kira are:
She's just over 3 feet tall now
She's just under 30 lbs
She loves Elmo, Curious George, the Care Bears, and most of the playhouse Disney cartoons
She loves to talk on the phone especially to Gram Gram and Grandma Jetta, she loves to go to the park, go to nursery, dance class, and back seat driving.
She loves yogurt, fruit snacks, mac & cheese, chicken, apples and bananas.
Favorite quotes recently: "That looks like that stinks", Yes-woof (when she pretends to be a dog).



This is her ang-E face. (Ang-e is short for Angry.... it's Wade's fault)
She is not afraid to show us how she is feeling about things. If she's mad then she's mad... here she's upset that I'm not letting her walk too far away from me. If she's happy she's happy! and often tells me so!


(Preview Merrill's )
Kira was a little upset that the Merrill's were getting so much camera time. It's usually her that gets the camera time so she wanted in on the action!
I am constantly surprised and feel incredibly blessed that the Lord saw fit to add Kira to our family. As difficult as motherhood has been for me I thank Him everyday for being able to become Kira's Mom Mom. She is wonderful, fun, sweet, funny, stubborn, active, smart, tiring, and strong, but most of all she is LOVE!!!

We head to Disneyland this weekend so stay tuned for those pictures.... I can't wait!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

She's so cute. Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. Have fun at disneyland!

Unknown said...

she is so smart and cute... I cant wait to see what Jacob came away with...

Chiemi said...

She is so cute! I love her Ang-e face!

Jo said...

how do you not laugh at her when does ang-e? she's so adorable!

Unknown said...

I do laugh at her when she does her Ang-e faces.... doesn't really go over well with her.

susy and martin said...

She's growing up too fast. She is a little girl now. She is cute even with her Ang-e face.