Thursday, November 3, 2011

Preschool

It's been a month since I posted anything, maybe you all think I have forgotten but in reality with school, preschool, and my calling at church my blog seems to have really suffered. Things have been pretty busy around here, and for the last 3 weeks I have taught preschool.
We have 5 little ones, 4 girls and 1 boy - who doesn't seem to mind being WAY outnumbered. The rotation we have set up is each mom does two weeks at a time. So every Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:30 - 11:45 the 5 of them are at some one's house being taught whatever is on the curriculum that week. My two weeks was interrupted by a week of a field trip and the Halloween Party.
Almost every month (at least every 6 weeks) we have built in a party (usually Holiday related) and a field trip, so the kids can learn new things and so us adults can have some fun. This month we went up to Calico Basin, it's on the way to Red Rock, the local national park but Calico Basin is FREE and CLOSE, two very good things it has going for it.
We haven't been to Calico Basin before so it was all new to me and I for one, will go back anytime the weather permits it. They have a nice little hike in the mountains up to some rocks the kids had fun climbing on, V, the boy in our class was a pro, having been there lots of times with his dad and was showing the girls how fun it was to jump from one rock to another which made a lot of us moms in the group a little nervous. But they had a blast!
Views from on top of the hill - I want to live in one of those houses, away from the craziness of Vegas but close enough to go to the store if needed. They are about 10 minutes away from Costco and assorted groceries stores.

The kiddos "jumping" on the rocks. 

After our hike we stopped for lunch, watched a couple get married and headed off to the boardwalk. The boardwalk was SO FUN! They had built this boardwalk to protect the meadow lands up there. I guess sometimes it can be quite wet up there so the boardwalk also allows pedestrians to walk around up there without getting wet. I would have taken pictures but my camera batteries died. 

Also had a little brain fade at the Halloween Party and we took NO pictures of all the kids together but I did get some from this weeks class. They have been learning about dessert animals and so I decided to make dioramas. They didn't quite turn out like I envisioned (you know something off Martha Stewart's magazine page) but the kids had a great time.
Here is Kira's

This is the back of her diorama. She loves it! I'm so glad that they love learning as much as they do.

SO, that's what we have been up to lately. I'm hoping that after school is done and I take another semester off (I keep saying I'm on the 50 year plan) it will be easier to keep up with everyone!!!




1 comment:

Cherish said...

She totally looks like a mini version of you here!