Friday, March 6, 2009

Flashback Friday

For those of you who know me well... I Heart Del Taco. When I moved to California 11 years ago and Taco Bell disappointed me one too many times I switched my loyalty for American Fast Mexican type food to Del Taco. I have many good memories associated with Del Taco.. like going through the drive thru at 11:30pm ('cause the resturant part is closed that late) or so and eatting "Big Fat Chicken Tacos" with Annette at the one on Imperial and La Mirada Blvd. Or hitting that same Del Taco with Korie late at night too when she orders her Macho Nachos and I munch on some fries! We would just sit and talk about all kinds of things but those are the memories that make me smile!
Or stopping at the one on Rosecrans and Euclid in Fullerton on the way to Jacob's while we were dating at eating chicken soft tacos on the way to his house for a night of movie watching.
A more recent Del Taco memory is when Jacob, Kira and I drove up to Las Vegas last year we stopped at a Del Taco (I think it's on Sahara)for lunch before his interview. We had a good time just talking and imagining what life would be like for us up here and Kira was snaking on the tortilla... He got the job (obviously!)and now he calls it "Our Del Taco" which is touching because he's really not very sentimental about things.
Del Taco was also the place(The one on Imperial and Rose in Placentia) that Jacob and I first went to lunch together when he got back from his mission. (I bought because he wasn't working)
Del Taco might be a weird topic for a Flashback Friday but I just wanted to share with Annette, Korie and the rest of the world that I have loved it for a long long time!


by the way... that's me... not Kira... I know it's hard to tell but look at the cup and the couch and you can tell :)
(p.s. when I scanned this picture... I even called it "Tennille loves Del Taco!")

5 comments:

Ms.Erika said...

Yup, you guys look like the same person :)

Cherish said...

I used to be a Del Taco addict and have many memories too! Hahaha like the time I was chillin' with Michelle and she got up for more hot sauce, and I noticed she had a massive rip in the butt of her pants, and she was wearing a thong.

Unknown said...

Yes many Del Taco trips... Something about that place... The food and service is pretty swell for fast food...

Michele said...

You guys are SO CUTE! I'm going to stalk you too! I might have to go get Del Taco later on! I miss their shredded beef del carbon tacos!!! I'm glad you like Vegas. My brother-in-law and his family live in the Summerlin area, so we're up there every so often. Have a great week. Kiss your little cutie from a California friend. :)

Unknown said...

I love that you wrote about our Del Taco times! I, too, have great memories of Del Taco and the big fat chicken taco! When we got a Del Taco in Boise I was ecstatic, but you know what, it doesn't taste the same as it did in California! Maybe it waws the company that made them even better!