Sunday, June 8, 2008

Rest of May

SO, to answer every ones questions we have not finished moving in.... it has been an arduous task and one I hope NOT to repeat anytime soon. It's amazing how much stuff we keep and deem to be important. It really makes me grateful for all I have been blessed with but also motivates me to learn how give focus to those things that are important and to let go the things that are not....
Anyway, on to the reason you really come to visit my blog... KIRA! She is such a funny kid! She is full of love and energy! She loves when her Daddy comes home from work, so much that she gives him no time to take off his shoes and relax. As soon as she hears the door unlock she's out of my arms and into his! And that Daddy sure spoils her, which I'm sure is the job of every Daddy. He let's her drink out of his glass, which she loves. The latest combination of "juice" was Lime-Aid and Cranberry juice which made my face bunch up like a fish but Kira just kept on drinkin' (must of got the sour affinity from her father) He also lets her chew on paper which Mommy doesn't like but like I said... that's what Daddys are for.

She also doesn't really like Baby food anymore and opts for things like her corn puff wagon wheels, Cherrios and her Baby cheese puffs as Jacob and I call them. (They are actually pretty healthy and come in a variety of flavors)She also will eat stuff from our plate like rice or pieces of bread etc.

Her two front teeth are finally coming in and as soon as I remember to put batterys in my camera I will get a picture of those. They are coming in at the same time which I'm sure is both a blessing(for us) and painful(for her).
She is still extermely vocal and had taken to going around the apartment with words that sound like... "Hi. Dad" and "Hey, Bob" and her favorite "Hi-yah" and "Hey-yah".

Whenever we go to a store that plays music she dances and laughs at her mommy who lip-sinks to the songs. She thinks it's hilarious and I'm sure the people around us are thinking I'm crazy but I don't care because I love Kira's laugh and although she is liberal with her smiles (she's very flirty) she doesn't laugh out loud a lot.
We have started singing "The wheels on the Bus" and we try to read everyday even if it's just one book. She also dances along to her leapfrog table that she loves playing with (Thanks auntie 'Brina)

Anyway here are some pictures from the rest of May.... we love you all and miss you very much!

Sleeping on Daddy... she's so beautiful (even if I do say so myself)


Showing Daddy her books.


With me on Mother's Day


With Gramjan on mother's day


With Auntie "M" on Mother's Day


Drinking Daddy's lemonade


This is the picture I got as she was climbing down the boxes...........


Kira and her cousin Tommy-Boy when they came for a visit.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

Isn't moving the worst? Half the reason we wanna buy this house is to avoid moving again.....lol

Kira is getting soo big!

Unknown said...

I love the picture of you and Kira on Mothers day... I cant believe how big Kira is getting...

Michelle said...

Hey Tennille,

I so miss ya, it has been forever! Kira is beautiful. I agree about the Mother's Day pic, it is a great one!

I hate moving and my lease is up next month. More than likely I will stay here and take the fact that they will up my rent. It is better than lugging all my things and coming up with another deposit. Grr. LIFE- ANNOYING!

Love ya,

Michelle

carey said...

Exciting you are in Vegas! :-) If there's anything you need help with, let me know! Hopefully, we can have a lunch get together with the MC gals soon!